AE 100.0 x 72.0 mm
Obverse: .VII. / .DEZEMBER. / .1903. / .SEINEN .VICEPRAESIDENTEN .IN .DANKBA- / RER .VEREHRUNG .DER .AUSSCHUSS .DES. / DEUTSCHEN .THEATERVEREINES .IN .PRAG, a woman sitting on a bench, holding laurel twig in right hand looking at the State Opera in Prague, an oak tree behind her, to her right, under the bench a theatre mask and a laurel branch
By H. Kautsch
The State Opera in Prague is part of the National Theatre of the Czech Republic. The theatre itself originally opened in 1888 as the New German Theatre.
Heinrich Kautsch (1859-1943), was an Austrian sculptor and medallist who worked in Paris as of 1889 and in 1893 was a member of the Jury of Fine Arts at the Chicago World’s Fair. In addition to medals and plaques, Heinrich Kautsch also created a number of funerary monuments, which can be found in Amsterdam, Prague, Meran, and Salzburg.